1. Each Layout Template consists of three columns. One main column and two sidebar columns. The main column is 50% wide and should contain the most interesting pages and/or blogposts. The two sidebar columns are each 25% wide and should hold pages and/or blogposts which are not so interesting like those in the main column. Of course, its up to you, what content should be presented in each of the three columns.
2. For each column you can define what spaces should provide the teaser-excerpts. This is done by setting the appropriate spacekeys. Important note: if you specify no spacekey, ALL spaces are used as input for the column. This might have a negative performance impact if your Conflunec instance has lots of spaces with hundreds or thousands of pages and/or blogposts.
3. For each column you can define how the teaser-excerpts should be sorted. If you want to have a random order, select ‘shuffle’. Again it’s up to you.
Detailed configuration description
(1) Enter the spacekeys separated by comma. These spaces will provide the teaser-excerpts for the layout.
(2) Here you can define the maximum number of teaser-excerpts for the column.
(3) Select if you want to display page-excerpts, blogpost-excerpts or both of them.
(4) Check this if you want to include pages without excerpt-macro (see ‘Teasers’ for more info).
(5) Check this if you want to include blogposts without excerpt-macro (see ‘Teasers’ for more info).
(6) Check this if you want to include the homepage of a space.
(7) Select the maximum textlength for automatically generated teaser-excerpts.
(8) Select the sorting-order for the column or choose ‘shuffle’ if you want to randomize the items.